8.17.2005

why "Diddy" do it again?

breaking news! sean combs has changed his name, again!. you might not know him by his given name, "Sean", but rather.... Puffy, Puff Daddy, P.Diddy, yada yada yada. he was recently quoted as saying that he needed to drop the "P" because, "[the 'P'] was getting between me and my fans". wow! i never realized how much that one initial held me back from fully appreciating your rip-offs.....er...."music".

he has promised a grand "unveiling" of his name at the Video Music Awards. personally, i am sitting in a puddle of my own urine, just waiting in anticipation of this blessed event. please read this quote on what we should expect, should we be lucky enough to tune in for the walk down the red carpet!

"To be honest, the unveiling of Diddy, you gonna see that at the [Video Music Awards]," he told MTV News. "You gonna see that in the entrance. You gonna see that swagger. You gonna see how I'm gonna navigate you through the journey. I'm gonna play my position, my role. The artists are gonna play their role. We're gonna have an incredible, incredible party."

what's my role in this "show"? is it to sit and watch you parade down the crimson carpet in your white suit, cane in hand, top hat securely on your head, and an anorexic barely-clad waif on your arm? or is it to listen to you incessantly drone on and on, using your ignorant version of the English language, on how you are an "artist"? no thank you. that is one "journey", i will happily not be a part of.

this is the role model of the "future of america". disgusting.



(listening to "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" by Brendan Benson)

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I heard about this on the Daily Show last night. I laughed out loud! Are we really supposed to take him seriously????!!

Doesn't Diddy know that terrible things are happening around the world? Doesn't Diddy know we're at war? Doesn't Diddy know people are being tortured in the Sudan? Doesn't Diddy know that there are much better ways to spend your time, money and resources?

I don't know, but I'm going to set my DVR for the red carpet journey right now!!!