12.07.2006

white christmas

tomorrow morning i will be travelling to cincinnati for one final time before lily is born. i am so excited to see my family and friends and to experience some cooler weather for a change. it will also be nice to eat my favorite foods! i will definitely be stopping at Frisch's to grab something to eat asap.

i am a person that loves traditions. some of my favorite memories with my family are of going to the Festival of Lights, watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and getting the cherished ornament that my mother so thoughtfully picked to represent us each year. i am thrilled at the idea of introducing lily to such fun experiences, as well as starting our own as a family.

i have a great family, but i feel especially blessed to have been "adopted" into kristen's (one of my oldest and dearest friends) family. they so graciously let me take part in one of the most special traditions of the season, watching White Christmas.

i had never seen this wonderful musical until they introduced it to me years ago. i immediately fell in love with it. it just doesn't feel like christmas to me without hearing Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen sing "Snow". i so look forward to this every year and feel so lucky to share in this sacred Myers women tradition!

here is a little clip from youtube that has completely wet my whistle for watching this movie on saturday... e n j o y !



2 comments:

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

Thanks for sharing the clip! "White Christmas" is my favorite Christmas movie and I love "Snow" -- it's right up there with "Counting My Blessings".
I'm sad to say, though, that we don't have ANY family Christmas traditions.
See you in 2 days!

Anonymous said...

i just read this post for the first time today! even though i hate the cold weather of winter, one of my favorite times of the year is when we watch white christmas together. after reading this post, i might just have to have a mid-year screening. and i'll be sure to watch "choreography" twice for you :)