6.19.2005

my dad




i look forward to this day every year.

i love my dad.

he makes me laugh and some of the best memories of my life he has been a part of.

i know that he won't be around forever, so that is why i try to make the most of all of the time that i have with him.

i love calling him just so that we can laugh our butts off reminiscing about funny things that have happened in the past.

i love it when we can look at each other and know exactly what the other person is thinking.

sometimes, we even say the same thing at the exact same moment or say, "i was just going to say that!"

we both love halloween and going to haunted houses together. my dad introduced me to horror movies (maybe a little too early, but oh well.)

dad and i can have entire conversations that consist of us calling each other a "butt".

i know that if i am ever in trouble that i can call him and he will come to help me no matter what time or where i am.

he is one of my closest friends.

i love spending time just with him so that we can be as "whacked out" as we want without getting in trouble!


i know that i am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have a dad like i do. he cares for me, supports me, and loves me just the way that i am. he is how God intended fathers to be.


happy father's day, dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a sweet post about your dad. You should be soo happy to have a great relationship with him. Some of us have awful dads and have to live vicariously through awesome realtionships like the ones you have. Always treasure what you have and know that others aren't so lucky.

Beta Mike said...

Christy and her dad rock!